ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs students in physical education activities.
- Plan physical education program to promote development of student's physical attributes and social skills.
- Teach individual and team sports to students, utilizing knowledge of sports techniques and of physical capabilities of students.
- Organize, lead, instruct, and referee indoor and outdoor games such as volleyball, baseball, and basketball.
- Instruct individuals or groups in beginning or advanced calisthenics, gymnastics, or corrective exercises, determining type and level of difficulty of exercises, corrections needed, and prescribed movements.
- Teach and demonstrate use of gymnastic and training apparatus such as trampolines and weights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Posses a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with appropriate K-12 endorsement. (MB)
- Applicants must possess both PE and Health endorsements.