To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in field of assignment (minimum requirement).
- Valid Kentucky Teaching Certification for area and grade level of assignment.