- Implement curriculum established for the grade level.
- Work cooperatively with other Physical Education Teachers to implement the program.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members at the school.
- Communicate as needed with school guidance counselors, parents and administrators.
- Assess and report student performance to parents.
- Assess and report program effectiveness.
- Certification and experience teaching physical education.
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Physical Education.
- Evidence of undergraduate courses in motor development and motor training, physiology, kinesiology, and anatomy.
- Evidence of courses in First Aid and C.P.R.
- Evidence of courses in prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- Understanding of human growth and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of instructional strategies and techniques.
- Understanding of motor and physical fitness testing and assessment.
Andover Public Schools (APS) seeks candidates who embody our ethos, which includes valuing the identities of all students, high expectations for all students, teaching excellence, collaboration, innovation, respect, and responsibility.