- Create a safe, purposeful classroom environment that prioritizes learning for all students.
- Collaborate with other teachers, instructional leaders, and partners to ensure instruction is meeting the needs of all students.
- Assess students regularly, analyze data, and determine appropriate next steps for instruction.
- Ensure that instruction meets the needs of all students, including students with special needs, English Language Learners, and students performing below grade level
- Build relationships and communicate regularly with students and their families to solicit input and share academic progress.
- Engage in learning about issues of racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion in education to examine your own biases; reflect on how those biases affect you, your students, and their families; and plan and deliver instruction in a culturally responsive way.
- Participate in and learn from regular professional development opportunities before and during the school year.
- Experience teaching English at the middle and/or high school level preferred.
- Appropriate content/program area and grade level educator license (Phys Ed.) from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education required (Educators who are not yet licensed by MA DESE in the appropriate content/program area and grade level may be eligible for a licensure waiver and are still encouraged to apply.)
- Experience as an active anti-racist or advocate for equity preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.