The VCS Middle School Physical Education Teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic and spiritual potential in the field of physical development and wellness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for young children.
- Provides maximum participation for all students; differentiates as needed to ensure all students experience success.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of games and fundamentals of body movement.
- Organize and implement children’s physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Oklahoma State certification in Education Instruction relative to the department and grade desired.
- Maintains and demonstrates a mature Christian lifestyle consistent with the teachings of the Church.
- Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.