- Work collaboratively within and across the school to integrate social-emotional learning programs aligned with the district’s strategic plan.
- Provide weekly lessons focused on social skill building and the mind body connection with students.
- Complete pre and post assessments to measure students’ learning with social and emotional learning.
- Consult with principals, school counselors, school psychologists, teachers, and administrators regarding the social and emotional needs of students.
- Coordinate and deliver resources to school buildings to promote students’ social-emotional learning.
- Collect and analyze data to make decisions and adjustments to SEL curriculum and initiatives.
- Stay current on research and best practices in social-emotional learning.
- Assist with designing staff professional development and training to support effective implementation of social-emotional learning in schools.
- Hold the appropriate valid Massachusetts Teaching License in the required subject matter at the appropriate grade level.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Current authorization to work in the United States.
- Knowledge of current research and best practices in SEL and school climate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create positive relationships with students and their families.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.