This student-centered educator is responsible for instituting personalized fitness plans for learners in grades 6-8. Conant Middle High School practices a team approach where collaboration with both grade level and subject area teams is structured into the weekly schedule in order to maximize student learning. While developing positive student relationships is of primary importance, an understanding of how to apply modern health and fitness for improved student wellness is a must.
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Plan a balanced physical education program that meets the guidelines required by the state curriculum frameworks.
- Analyze, demonstrate, and explain basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt curriculum to needs of each learner, to the extent feasible.
- May teach physical education classes for students with disabilities and/or interscholastic athletics as we believe in inclusion.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure overall safety of learners and staff.
- Maintain control of storage and use for all school-owned physical education equipment and property.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment.
- Valid NH Certifications in physical education required; Additional certification in Health Education preferred.
- Must be able to prepare and read documents and use computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with students, staff, administration and parents/guardians.
- At least 1 year(s) of relevant experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree preferred.