- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Licensure from the Massachusetts Department of Education for the grade(s) and subject(s) assigned.
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
- Effective planning and assessment of curriculum and instruction.
- Effective classroom management.
- Effective instruction in a standards-based classroom.
- Promotion of high standards and expectations for student proficiency.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of established district curriculum goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units and projects.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs of capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives by instruction and action to implement the district’s philosophy of education, instructional goals and objectives and performance expectations.