Under general supervision, leads a Middle School soccer team. The season begins September 11th and concludes October 18th. Practices are held from 3:30-4:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All games are held during the week between the hours of 3:30-4:30 pm.
- Discusses approach to team dynamics with Director of Athletics and After-School Programs and After-School Programs.
- Manages player development based on program core competencies.
- Works with Director of Athletics and After-School Programs and After-School Programs to create practice plans that are skill appropriate.
- Teaches appropriate fundamentals, techniques, and skills.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of the athletes.
- Articulates a well-defined and understandable coaching philosophy.
- Applies developmentally appropriate and age-appropriate methods to coaching student-athletes.
- Travels with the team for away games against other local schools.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Demonstrated competence and experience in coaching soccer required.
- Recent successful coaching experience in a Middle School environment preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain valid First Aid/CPR card.