This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in athletics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops overall vision and philosophy for their program.
- Acts as a liaison for middle school and youth programs.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules.
- Works with the Principal/Athletic Director in preparing practice and game schedules.
- Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games.
- Insures a certified coach is present at all practices and games.
- Arranges transportation for athletic participants.
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.
- Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms and updated inventories are adhered to.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous soccer coaching experience preferred.
- Current standard first aid certification.