The coach is responsible for training students to be part of the team. Specifically, the coach will lead practices, prepare students for games/meets/competitions, and supervise said games/meets/competitions.
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written skills.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the sport.
- Enforce school regulations and policies in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a tactful and professional manner.
- Address concerns and offer suggestions in an appropriate and confidential manner.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with fellow employees and pupils.
- Ability to communicate to students, parents and staff in an acceptable/courteous manner.
- Plans activities and events for students after school that meet the needs of the students.
- Report rosters for competitions and stays abreast of related news and rules throughout the year.
- Abreast of new rules and regulations for the sport.
- Punctual and present for all events and practices including bus rides.
- Organizes and communicates desired supply order to the Athletic Director each winter.
- Communicates with schools on scheduled competitions.
- Supervises students during practices, events and competitions and until all students have left the facilities.
- Positively motivate, communicate, and interact with student participants.
- Positively communicate and interact with parents, officials, and others.
- Promotes and publicizes the team by utilizing the district and school communication forums.