The Head Coach will direct and oversee a specific athletic program within the school. They will help each participating student-athlete achieve a higher level of skills, an appreciation for the values of discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship and an increased level of self esteem while following the Mission, Vision, Philosophy, and Core Values of the Department and School District.
- Three to five years of experience as an athletic coach is preferred.
- Knowledge of the sport and its rules and regulations.
- Applicable certifications and/or licensure required.
- Employment with District and valid teacher’s certification preferred.
- Such alternatives or additional qualifications as the Superintendent or Athletic Director may find appropriate or acceptable.
- Analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of the current team and develops strategies based on these findings.
- Evaluates team members to determine fitness levels and potential; assigns positions or roles to athletes based on strengths and weaknesses.
- Sets goals for the team that may include team and individual player goals achievements; directs and motivates staff and players toward achievement of such goals.
- Prepares game plans in collaboration with other team coaches for each competition.
- Gathers available information on competitors’ performance records, abilities, play styles, and game strategies, then develops appropriate game strategies to meet the challenge of those competitors.
- Provides instruction to team members before, during, and after an event in an effort to win competitions.
- Schedules and coordinates practice schedules and procedures; plans, organizes, and leads practice sessions.
- Develops physical conditioning programs that equip athletes to meet their potential.
- Ensures student-athletes are using equipment properly and safely.