- Support the facilitation of 1-3 practices per week;
- Support with logistics around athlete arrival and departure;
- Support with driving engagement and recruitment of athletes onto the team;
- Manage roster and support with game strategy on game day;
- Supervise and manage team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and proactive interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all scholars;
- Ensure that youth are physically safe around the supervision and transportation (when necessary);
- Follow all safety protocols put in place by the organization;
- Make sure attendance is taken at all practices and games.
- An understanding of the sport’s rules and regulations required;
- Experience working with school-age children required;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model sport-based youth development principles;
- 2+ years of assistant coaching experience preferred;
- Previous experience playing this sport competitively at the Middle School and/or college level preferred;
- CPR/First Aid certification, a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.