- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport for each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Gives constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to athletic office and school nurse within twenty-four hours.
- Directs student managers and statisticians.
- Determines discipline, delineates procedures concerning due process when enforcement of discipline is necessary and contacts parents when a student is dropped or becomes ineligible.
- Assists athletes in their college or advanced educational selection.
- Teaching certificate and experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Proof of competency in first aid.
- Certificate of completion of a class in CPR, preferred
- Course work in the prevention and care of athletic injuries.
Woonsocket Education Department is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.