Reporting to the Director of Out of School Time and Athletics, the Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for facilitating specific sports-based practice, training and conditioning sessions at their assigned site (DREAM Middle School). Strength and Conditioning Coaches create diverse learning experiences that focus on, but are not limited to, sport, exercise, team-building or STEM activities for athletes to continue their learning and development.
- Leading assessments for movement and fitness (heart rate monitors, fitnessgram etc.);
- Teaching fundamentals of movement health and injury prevention;
- Collaboration with sports coaches to align physical activity intensity across DREAM Athletics;
- Collaboration with PE teachers;
- Plan and facilitate outdoor and indoor (weather requiring) sports-based activities;
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors, high energy, and skill building and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and volunteers;
- Support and build sports-based youth development culture by designing, reviewing and implementing activity plans in partnership with the AHW team to drive participant outcomes;
- Provide model facilitation sessions that promote coach development for Athletics Coaches, using program quality metrics to support the AHW Continuous Improvement Cycle.
- Strong understanding of exercise science;
- Strong understanding of the connection between physical activity and other areas of a student’s life and wellbeing;
- Coursework in exercise science, physical education or related field preferred;
- Certification through NASAM or NSCA, preferred;
- Experience leading fitness and or sports activities for groups of youth in grades 6-8;
- Strong facilitation skills with groups of adolescents;
- Previous youth development experience in the after school setting preferred;
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Must be able to work in person at the program site;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team setting;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail.