The Teacher plans, designs, implements and assesses an appropriate instructional program in a middle school environment that guides and encourages a diverse group of students at all levels to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishes a safe and supportive environment that is conducive to learning and enables each student to demonstrate agency, ownership, and reflection.
- Designs and implements authentic and engaging learning experiences using the Virginia Standards of Learning, LCPS curriculum, and effective strategies to maximize student achievement using a variety of instructional materials.
- Designs authentic and engaging learning experiences using a variety of resources and technology to promote the development of critical thinking, collaboration, and problem solving.
- Personalizes instruction based upon the needs of students and manages time to maximize student learning opportunities.
- Assesses student growth as related to educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Holds or eligible for a Virginia teaching license in middle school with an endorsement in appropriate subject area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject content, curriculum, methodology of effective teaching.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs.
- Skilled in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.