The Trinity Preparatory School seeks applications for part-time middle school tennis coach. A qualified candidate will be expected to assist student-athletes at practice and at matches with technical instruction and training for their events. This leader must possess strong organization, communication, problem solving, leadership, and multitasking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role-model to develop sportsmanship - both on and off the court.
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled practices with emphasis on development and implement game strategy.
- Observe and guide the discipline and conduct of student athletes to reinforce our core values, specifically our belief in the educational excellence of the athletics program.
- Interact regularly with student athletes to maintain a safe learning environment both social-emotionally and physically.
- Provide feedback and coaching to team members individually and in pairs while demonstrating game techniques throughout the season.
- Encourage new student athlete participation and motivate players to continue their growth and development.
- Inspect the equipment and facilities to ensure safe conditions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus in a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level is preferred.
- Articulates an authentic commitment to diversity and holds others accountable for the same.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
- Understanding of the rules and regulations governing the sport.
- Proven knowledge, skills, and strategies for the sport.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop student athletes on and off the field.
- Focus on playing fair and adhering to the organization’s code of conduct.