As the Track and Field Coach, you will deliver measurable results in developing, enhancing and promoting an athletic program that will be distinguished by the teams’ display of integrity, citizenship, character, work ethic, and their ability to overcome adversity. To instruct students in appropriate methods to be respectful of themselves, their opponents, and officials regardless of the outcome of their event.
- Experience in sport as a participant or as a coach.
- Knowledge and expertise in the strategies, methods and techniques for a successful sport offering.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a sport program.
- Earned/or will earn credentials of Maine Coaches Eligibility.
- Employment in the Kennebunk School Department preferred.
- Assists in the assessment and hiring of members of his/her coaching staff.
- Works to enhance and display the philosophy and objectives of the department.
- Serves as a role model for students.
- Supervises the student athletes in his/her program.
- Through proper preparation and planning, students are appropriately ready for competition.
- Works with the trainer, athletic director to ensure proper medical assistance is available and plans are in order for emergency situations.
- Administers the District athletic codes.
- Maintains orderly records of equipment/uniform issued and works with the equipment manager to successfully collect all issued materials.
- Prepares reports for the athletic director as requested.