Samueli Academy is looking for a coach to continue developing a Volleyball program on campus. The 7th/8th Grade Volleyball Coach is to be an exemplary role model for the athletes, school, and community. The successful candidate shall recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, and emotional well-being of the individual athlete.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in the supervision and development of the Volleyball program.
- General upkeep of equipment and facilities associated with the program.
- Schedule practices during the regular season and off-season as needed.
- Transport students to and from competitions and practices in Academy owned vehicles.
- Report any developments in the program, including complaints or grievances, to the Athletic Director in a timely manner.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Athletic Director and Facilities Manager.
- Coordinate with the Athletic Director to monitor the scholastic eligibility and conduct of athletes.
- Experience in coaching the sport of application.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport, the CIF, and the standards of ethical conduct of interscholastic athletic team programs.
- Ability to work and maintain positive relationships with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues.
- Ability to organize, train, direct, and motivate students to achieve high levels of athletic competition.
- All coaches will be required to complete mandatory training (including Concussion Awareness, Heat Illness Prevention in Student Athletes, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Athletes). Training may be waived if proof of valid equivalent training is provided.