To provide leadership, supervision and organization of a specific athletic activity and to carry out the objectives of the total athletic program, to include helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Possess a valid BOEE coaching authorization or the credentials of a certified teacher with an endorsement for coaching.
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for performing the tasks listed.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Must exhibit high moral values and be able to serve as a favorable example to young people.
- Keep abreast of new ideas and techniques in sports field assigned.
- Be knowledgeable of rules and regulations plus changes that occur.
- Coach individual participants in the skill areas necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved as assigned by the head coach.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the head coach, in the sport involved with, as it would pertain to clerical work, strategy meetings, equipment issue and return, facilitate preparations and supervision.