The Head Coach’s goal is to help each student participating to achieve a high level of skill, to learn the appreciation of the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and to gain an increased level of self-esteem.
- CHSAA Certified.
- Preparation in coaching.
- Demonstrated abilities in area assigned.
- Such alternatives to the above as the supervising administrator may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Sets and lives by an acceptable code of moral, ethical, and leadership standards.
- Coaching individual participants in skills necessary for optimum achievement in the sport involved.
- Planning and scheduling a regular program of practice consistent with state and local calendars.
- Working closely with the athletic director in scheduling contests and/or trips and attends periodic coaching meetings.
- Recommending the purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintaining necessary forms, insurance records and similar paperwork.
- Overseeing the safety conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted, particularly when students are present.
- Overseeing performance criteria for eligibility to compete inter-scholastically.
- Enforcing discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishing and overseeing penalties for breach of such school standards as set by the total activities department by individual students. All athletic programs will have these as their code.