Under the supervision of the Head Coach supervises student athletes. An employee is this position works from school, board and OSAA policies to implement the sports program. The job goal is to carry out the program planned by the head coach; to be of whatever assistance that is required such as scouting; attending coaching meetings and coaching junior high teams; and to perform delegated duties set forth by the head coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to the policies of the Board of Education, District building standard practices and guidelines, the OSAA and the North West League.
- Attends all meetings scheduled by the principal, athletic director, and head coach.
- Completes an injury report within 24 hours after an athlete has been referred to a medical doctor or hospital.
- Fosters good school-community relations by creating good communications and a positive relationship with students, parents, other members of the community, and the media.
- Assumes the responsibility of organizing practices where needed.
- Publicizes the sport and encourages student participation by personal contact.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide effective individual/group instruction.
- Ability to organize.
- Ability to supervise students.
- Currently certified in first-aid/CPR, or willingness to gain certification.
- Knowledge of the sport and has the ability to teach the sport to students.
- Ability to foster positive human relations.
- Pass OSAA certifications.