The Wrestling Coach is responsible for various aspects of the Wrestling Program, such as recruiting within the school, scheduling opponents (in conjunction with the Athletic Director, training, and coaching team members.
- 3 years of experience coaching wrestling at the middle school or high school level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, governing organizations, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in wrestling.
- Collaborate with respective high school coaches in the development of the program
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the program.
- Ensure assistant coaches work together toward a common goal within the program.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time.
- Hold a preseason meeting with all student-athletes and parents/guardians as needed.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.