- Successful high school or college experience in wrestling.
- Experience as a coach/assistant coach preferred.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of wrestling.
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience working with students.
- Candidate should demonstrate interest in, and aptitude for, performing the assignment of head coach.
- MHSAA P.A. C.E. Program recommended for all coaches.
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid recommended.
- Coaching administrative experience.
- Work as a team member of the coaching staff.
- Prepare training/practice sessions, athletic contest preparations and team travel arrangements.
- Work closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling athletic contests.
- Delegate responsibility appropriately to assistant coaches.
- Maintain a professional competency by attending clinics and state rule meetings as needed.
- Ability to complete other trainings as necessary to provide a safe environment for student athletes as assigned by the district.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, administration, players and staff
- Submit an annual record of contest results and records.
- Supervise the issuance, cleaning, storage, return and care of all athletic equipment.
- Assist in purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as necessary.