The Los Angeles Angels Player Development Department is seeking passionate individuals to join our team. As a Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coach, you will be fully immersed in our department, collaborating with coordinators, front office executives, members of other departments, and performing impactful work. Your work will be dynamic, challenging, and you will be given the opportunity and resources to learn, grow, and develop over the course of your coaching career. In addition to handling the essential functions of being a strength & conditioning coach, we desire proactive thinkers who will take initiative and explore ideas that improve organizational processes.
- Evaluate, motivate, supervise, and educate athletes from various backgrounds.
- Collaborate with baseball coaches, nutrition staff, athletic training staff, and player development support staff on a daily basis to ensure effective communication and a unified approach.
- Work directly with athletic trainers in the design and implementation of rehabilitation progressions for injured athletes.
- Keep weight room clean and organized at all times.
- Monitor and record all athlete’s daily activity and create a performance schedule for the following day.
- Implement testing protocols and record accurate information.
- Write detailed monthly player reports.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS) required.
- CPR/AED certification required.
- 2 years previous coaching experience at the college, professional, or private sector level; previous baseball experience preferred but not required.
- Master’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred but not required.