Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with supervision and education of the Minor League medical staff which includes Athletic Trainers, strength & conditioning personnel, etc.
- Treat injured players with attention to injury prevention, medical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Communicate with Rehabilitation Team of all medical treatments, evaluations, or exams performed on players.
- Mentor physical therapy students who are selected as clinical interns on an as-needed basis with the Milwaukee Brewers. Maintain all records and evaluations of physical therapy internship students. Ensure proper communication with the physical therapy internship students’ academic advisor. Ensure that all internship candidates meet the requirements and continue the educational requirements of the physical therapy program of the college/university.
- Supervise training room and maintain medical protocols both on and off the field assuring proper conduct that appropriately represents the Milwaukee Brewers organization.
- Keep accurate medical records in the MLB EMR as it pertains to Major and Minor League players’ injuries and rehabilitation.
- Partner with Strength & Conditioning department on developing comprehensive programs for all rehabilitation players.
Education and/or Experience:
- Doctorate degree (DPT) from four-year College or university required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and/or Master’s degree (M.A.), Athletic Training or related field highly recommended.
- Athletic Trainer Certification (NATA and State Licensure Required) or Board Specialization in Sports Physical Therapy highly recommended.