The Houston Astros are seeking a Strength and Conditioning Coach to join the Sports Medicine & Performance Team. This position will work full-time in the Dominican Republic and may travel to the United States occasionally. This individual must demonstrate high physical preparation acumen as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team of practitioners.
- Design and implement strength and conditioning programs using a science and data-led approach.
- Effectively communicate player goals to individual athletes and stakeholders.
- Establish and execute testing and exercise protocols pertaining to performance and rehabilitation.
- Teach proper execution, techniques and safety for all lifts and movement drills.
- Coach sprint, deceleration, and multidirectional movement mechanics.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with physical therapists, dietitians, athletic trainers, coaches, and athletes.
- Actively participate in continuing education and professional growth opportunities.
- Maintain gym and sports science equipment.
- Consistently report player progress and regression to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a strength and conditioning-related role.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), or similar international accreditation
- CPR/AED certified.