- Implement individual player programs by planning daily performance training, conditioning, and sprint and agility work in the gym and on-field; update player programs throughout the season.
- Conduct movement prep and warm-ups before training sessions, batting practices, throwing programs, conditioning, and games.
- Assist medical team as needed with preventative and recovery programs.
- Communicate daily with HP team to modify programming per injury limitations/progressions.
- Track physical activities and weight fluctuation of each player at the minor league level and report on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to the Minor League Performance Coordinator.
- Work with Dietician to advocate healthy eating and sport nutrition for players.
- Collaborate with Assistant Minor League Performance Coordinator and Registered Dietician to ensure quality of clubhouse snacks and meals.
- Assist Minor League Baseball (MiLB) Performance Coordinator in day-to-day operations during the off-season and in-season including by not limited to off-season training camps and spring training minor league training camp.
- Persistently challenge new ideas in the field of performance training and seek out appropriate applications for baseball.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science related field required.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) required.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association-Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC) required.
- CPR/AED required.
- Professional or college level strength and conditioning experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.