This individual will assist the Minnesota Twins organization by inspiring players and staff to maximize their potential through independent multidisciplinary approaches, innovative program design, creative implementation strategies, and by being an active member of the respective team of team’s team and the organization’s Performance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement holistic performance enhancement programs for the Minnesota Twins players at the Minor League Level under the Minnesota Twins Strength & Conditioning system.
- Take an active role in Player Development and participate in continued education opportunities and promote a progressive culture through a growth-mindset and integrative approach.
- Complete and participate in individualized professional development plans per Director, Strength &Conditioning and Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator.
- Reinforce the organization’s initiatives in terms of strategy, day-to-day operations, organizational culture, employee expectations and performance reviews.
- Integrate with Minor League field staff to improve decision-making processes regarding performance enhancement and physical development, including individualized strength and conditioning development plans.
- Effectively work with Minor League field staff on movement mechanics as it pertains to baseball skill acquisition (i.e., the correlation between assessing and teaching human body movement for hitting and pitching mechanics).
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Exercise Science, or related field.
- CSCS certification through the NSCA.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Strength & Conditioning Program in Professional baseball, Collegiate or private setting.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain professional liability insurance.