Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement strength and conditioning programs using a science and data-led approach.
- Collaborate with Player Development staff to effectively communicate player goals to individual athletes and stakeholders.
- Establish and execute testing and exercise protocols pertaining to performance and rehabilitation.
- Teach proper execution, techniques and safety for all lifts and movement drills.
- Coach sprint, deceleration, and multidirectional movement mechanics.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with physical therapists, dietitians, athletic trainers, mental health & performance providers, coaches, and athletes.
- Actively participate in continuing education and professional growth opportunities.
- Maintain gym and sports science equipment.
- Consistently report player progress and regression to stakeholders.
- Work with managers and player development staff to manage player load, maximize schedule efficiency, and optimize performance outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a strength and conditioning-related role.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the NSCA.
- Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC) through the NSCA required for AA and AAA roles.
- CPR/AED certified.
- Master’s degree in Exercise Science or related field is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish if preferred.
- Experience coaching in a NCAA or professional team environment is preferred.