The Head Coach at the Modified level works under the direction of the Head Coach at the varsity level to provide leadership for the entire program within the particular sport. The Head Modified Coach is responsible for program articulation and consistency and is responsible for communicating regularly with the Head Coach at the varsity level.
- Plans and supervises all practices, contests, and other events of the junior varsity team.
- Communicates practice plans to assistant coaches.
- Provides input regarding evaluation of assistant coach. Athletic Director will finalize all evaluations.
- Teaches rules, strategies, and skills to the athletes.
- Abides by district policies and decisions.
- Ensures that practice and game procedures, facilities and equipment are safe for student athletes.
- Supervises the management of equipment and uniforms.
- Instructs and models positive sportsmanship and citizenship.
- Provide written feedback on student-athlete performance at the beginning and end of the season.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of specific sport.
- Understanding of adolescent development.
- Ability to articulate vision and mission of the program.
- Sets high expectations for self and studentathletes.