To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Makes press releases and school announcements.
- Instructs team members as to changes in the rules and teaches fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the head coach.
- Maintains a record of team statistics and requirements for lettering.
- Works within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach.
- Attends all staff meetings and carries out scouting assignments as outlined by the head coach.
- Arrives early enough to practice, contests and meetings to adequately prepare and remains long enough afterwards to help players with problems or to become involved in staff discussions.
- Helps in the planning and implementation of both in-season and out-of-season conditioning and weight room programs.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all athletic policy approved by the Saydel Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation.
- Has a knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Coach is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase moral and cooperation within the school sports program.