- Possess current First Aid/CPR cards and be versed in related preventative health and training standards.
- Meet and maintain coaching standards as determined by the Kiona-Benton City School District and the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated short and long-term organization and management skills.
- Three current recommendations.
- Demonstrated evidence of being a positive role model.
- Clearly defined philosophy for the coaching level applied for.
- Coaching experience in this sport.
- Evidence of effective public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and communicate with students, parents, assistant coaches, administrators, and community members.
- Evidence of WIAA certification, and compliance with WIAA and district rules and regulations.
Kiona-Benton City School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups