- Oversee the Middle School Basketball Program.
- Develop, monitor, supervise, and train young men to play Basketball, both beginners and advanced players.
- Commit to building relationships with and have a willingness to coach young men, academically and athletically.
- Instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training, necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Cooperate in a timely manner with School Athletic Director and the District Athletic Department in regard to requests for pertinent information (Rosters, Physical Forms, Parent Permission Forms, Emergency Medical Forms, etc.) and/or any other information that might be periodically required.
- Must meet all of the requirements set forth by the District Board of Education and the Ohio Department of Education in regard to required coaching certificates and Pupils Activity Permit.
- Model the behavior expected of our student-athletes including: timeliness to practices, being positive and enthusiastic, being respectful, and practice construction criticism while upholding the disciplines of the program.
- Set a positive example at all times while with student-athletes, be dressed appropriately at all practices and games, and maintain suitable sideline conduct including the use of appropriate language at all times.
- Provide all applicable in-season training rules as well as any that may apply to out-of-season conduct to team members in writing prior to the start of the season. Follow appropriate due process procedures when violations occur.
- Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate preferred.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college. Evidence of successful past coaching experience at the high school or college level is desired.
- Provide a satisfactory result on a County Police Records Check, State BCII Check, and FBI Fingerprint Background Check. Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupils Activity Permit. Provide satisfactory completion of the Coaches Tool Chest Trainings/Certification.