Kettle Falls School District is currently recruiting for a Middle School Football Coach. The daily work schedule will vary slightly according to team practice and competition schedules, but will generally be focused on a 3-6pm time slot, Monday-Friday.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Successful candidates must be available for all practices and competitions during the coaching season.
- Experience coaching track at some level is preferred, but not required.
- Additionally, candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain prior to the start of their season current First Aid and CPR certification.