Teaches sport activity to individual or groups by performing the following duties under direction of head volleyball coach, athletic director and building principal.
- Help coordinate and lead program from grades 7-8.
- Organize and supervise all phases of the team assigned, as well as student-athletes with the expressed intent of meeting the stated objectives of the athletic program.
- Understand and implement the Code of Conduct as outlined in the school handbook.
- Conduct themselves and their teams in a professional manner. Lead by example.
- Communicates positively with players, coaches, staff, administration and parents.
- Understanding of Middle School philosophy regarding participation and growth.
- Read and follow all WIAA and GSCL regulations pertaining to the sport. Make athletes aware of rules pertaining to their eligibility. Be responsible that each athlete has a physical exam by a physician as required by state law and that the physical, eligibility, and emergency forms are all turned in BEFORE the athlete turns out for practice.
- Be responsible for the care of equipment and facilities.
- Explain and demonstrate principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in the sport coached.
- Prepare practice schedules to ensure safe and progressive movement to a common goal.
- Preference for candidates with previous volleyball coaching experience.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in building successful youth volleyball programs.
- Must favorably pass the Washington State Patrol/FBI background check.
- Demonstrate mature behavior and ability to use sound judgment in communicating with students, parents, staff, coaches, and community.
- Must have a valid first aid card or has a district approved sports medicine certificate.
- Must have or be willing to acquire training in the recognition and maintenance of concussions.