The job of Assistant Coach is done for the purpose/s of assisting the designing and implementing of the athletic program for the assigned sport in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Previous coaching or playing experience in assigned sport is desired.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- The assistant coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship
- Gives constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- Present at all practices, games and while traveling.
- Provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Understands the policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Directs student managers, student assistants and statisticians.
- Determines discipline in accordance with school and department policies, helps delineate procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary and contacts parents.