The purpose of this position is to instruct athletes in fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- High School Diploma.
- Training and experience in Sport or Activity.
- Demonstrated competence in supervision of students engaged in specific sport or activity.
- Assumes responsibility for the student and content of the athletic program.
- Assures non-discriminatory selection of players and participants, and implements the philosophy of the Athletic Department regarding participation.
- Assures implementation and develops appropriate means for ensuring student safety.
- Distributes appropriate equipment and materials, and maintains up-to-date inventory of the same. At the conclusion of the season, he/she makes sure all equipment is returned.
- Implements State Mandates; such as, safety requirements and anti-hazing regulations, duty to warn and due process procedures.
- Communicates with the Director on and at all issues.
- Accompanies team/squad on all trips and at all activities.
- Complies with school department procedures and school committee policies.
- Uses confidential information for professional purposes only.