Tipton Community Schools is seeking candidates to fill the position of Middle School Girls Wrestling Coach for the 2023-24 school year.. A successful history of coaching experience is preferred but not necessary.
Ideal candidates must be able to:
- Develop individuals and the team to their highest potential, starting with the fundamentals and progressing to strategy and competitiveness.
- Actively recruit 7th and 8th grade girls to be a part of the wrestling team.
- Build positive relationships with players, other coaches, parents and the community.
- Set high standards for sportsmanship, effort, and behavior on and off the field.
- Promote an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Teach the fundamentals of the sport in a manner that provides opportunities for all students to learn and improve.
- Provide supervision of students at all times at practices, games, and on school transportation.
- Model good sportsmanship and appropriate behavior
- Work cooperatively with other school programs, staff, and administrators as part of the overall athletic department and under the educational philosophy of Tipton Schools.
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.