Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Instructs athletes regarding techniques, rules and safety practices of the sport.
- Develops and organizes practice program.
- Schedules and conducts practices according to agreed-upon schedules.
- Supervises athletes from the scheduled beginning of the practice or game until the last athlete leaves, knowing where all participants are at all times.
- Supervises athletes on buses on trips to other schools.
- Promotes the entire Norwalk Athletics program.
- Sets an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct including respecting and supporting contest officials.
- Fosters among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and coworkers.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran.