All coaches are paid on the coach’s salary schedule for time involved in activities normally occurring after school hours. It is understood that many responsibilities inherent in coaching require extra hours without additional compensation. The extra duty schedule has been developed to compensate a coach for some of the extra time involved in after-school work.
- Maintain accurate inventories and arrange for proper issuance of cleaning of equipment.
- Maintain facilities in such a manner as to be usable and safe.
- Set up well-organized practice schedules so that staff and participants are well-informed and make the best use of the practice time.
- Maintain effective communication with the entire coaching staff, students, parents, school staff members and media.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to district Athletic Handbook and school athletic philosophy and policies.
- Supervise assistant coaches (where applicable) in such a way that they will be aware of their responsibilities at all times and maintain the standards required of all coaches regarding administration, coaching performance and responsibilities, and professional qualities.
- Supervise the athletes in such a way that they will be aware of practice and game responsibilities, rules, strategy, and goals.
- Demonstrate and teach the skills necessary for athletes to succeed.
The Ocean Beach School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.