- Build relationships with and have a willingness to coach both beginners and advanced student-athletes.
- Instruct student-athletes of fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Instruct and guide student-athletes to lead them to the formulation and enhancement of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, self-confidence and good sportsmanship.
- Work cooperatively, and in a timely manner, with School Athletic Department, Head Coach, and the District Athletic Department with requests for information (i.e., Rosters, Bus Information, Physicals, Parent Permission Forms, Emergency Medical Forms, Preseason/Postseason Reports, and any other additional information and/or pertinent that might be required periodically.
- Meet all of the requirements set forth by the District Board of Education and the Ohio Department of Education relative to required Coaches Tool Chest and Pupils Activity Permit.
- Model the behavior expected of our student-athletes including timeliness to practices, being positive and enthusiastic in practices, being respectful at all times, being positive and enthusiastic, and practicing constructive criticism while upholding the disciplines of the program.
- Develop respect through his/her example in appearance, behavior, language and conduct at all times.
- Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate preferred.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college. Evidence of successful past coaching experience at the high school or college level is desired.
- Provide a satisfactory result on a County Police Records Check, State BCII Check, and FBI Fingerprint Background Check. Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupils Activity Permit. Provide satisfactory completion of Coaches Tool Chest Trainings/Certification.