- Coaches participants in the skills necessary for the sport/activity.
- Establishes a schedule of practices.
- Must maintain competency in rules, regulations, and coaching techniques for the sport/activity.
- Maintains discipline and sportsmanlike conduct of all participants and enforces the policies of the District uniformly when disciplining participants.
- Responsible for the inventory of equipment.
- In team activities, teaches/coaches the importance of teamwork.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Meets MHSA requirements (if applicable).
- Holds a currently valid American Red Cross First Aid card (for those coaching athletics).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with students, parents, staff, and the community in general.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to perform duties with an awareness of all District requirements and Board policies.
The Polson School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal in employment, educational programs or activities.