Seaside Middle School is seeking a team-oriented professional who will administer the MS wrestling program under the leadership of the Athletic Director. Responsibilities will include the development, implementation and fiscal control of the MS Wrestling budget; direct involvement with the promotion of the program; supervising and disciplining players during practices and games; and additional duties as may be assigned.
- Wrestling experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Criminal history clearance (background check and HB 2062).
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- NFHS Coaching Education certified.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select, manage, educate, and evaluate assistant coaches for the program.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of District policy(ies) and procedures relevant to this position.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Insures a certified coach is present at all practices and contests.
- Ensures that proper storage, maintenance and inventory of all athletic equipment and uniforms is adhered to.
- Travels and supervises student athletes on the team bus both to and from contests.
- Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away contests and ensures appropriate behavior.
- Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of athletic activities and athletes are explained and followed.