The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for supporting the overarching strategies outlined by the head coach while instructing student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Build, form, and improve relationships with other athletes, coaches, teachers, and administrators with PCS and other districts/schools.
- Coach, evaluate, provide feedback to, and support high school athletes.
- Collaborate with community members on partnerships to support athletic programs.
- Communicate and foster positive relationships with athletes, parents, and families.
- Conduct athlete and parent meetings with clear, concise, and documented expectations.
- Cultivate and execute procedures for insuring open communication with athletes and parents.
- Previous coaching, sport participation, or teaching experience.
- Ability to use approved first-aid and CPR skills.
- Adhere to, be responsible for, enforce, implement, and understand athletic, school, district policies along with CHSAA By-Laws.
- CPR & AED Certification required prior to start of season.
- Possess or has the ability to acquire a valid Colorado Coaching Certificate prior to start of season.
- Successfully pass the CHSAA Coaches Test, acquire CHSSA coaching registration and complete a concussion course per State Legislation and CHSAA By-Laws prior to start of season.