- Cooperate in a timely manner with School Athletic Office and the District Athletic Department in regarding requests for information (i.e. Rosters, Physical Forms, Parent Permission Forms, Emergency Medical Forms, Pre/Post Season Reports, etc,) and/or any other information relative to the sport that might be periodically required.
- Meet all requirements of the District Board of Education and The Ohio Department of Education relative to required coaching certificates and Pupils Activity Permit.
- Check the status of academic eligibility for all prospective student-athletes.
- Model the behavior expected of our student-athletes, including timeliness to practices, being positive and enthusiastic in practices, being respectful, and practice constructive criticism while upholding the disciplines of the program.
- Set a positive example at all times while with student-athletes, be dressed appropriately at all practices and games and maintain a suitable sideline conduct, including the use of appropriate language, at all times with respect to players, officials, parents, and fans, etc.
- Fundraising experience.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Demonstrate knowledge of skills associated with this sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate desired.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college. Evidence of successful past coaching experience at the high school or college level is desired.
- Provide a satisfactory result on a County Police Records Check, State BCII Check, and FBI Fingerprint Background Check. Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupils Activity Permit. Provide completion of the Coaches Tool Chest Training/ Certification.