- Evaluate individual student athletes and develop a coaching plan that takes them from their point of need to their full potential.
- Work closely with other coaches to develop coaching plans.
- Develop individual and team skills through well-planned training and positive reinforcement.
- Communicate proactively with student athletes and parents/guardians as appropriate regarding expectations, practice and game schedules.
- May supervise student athletes before and after practice and games.
- Issue equipment and uniforms to student athletes, ensuring all equipment is maintained properly and uniforms are returned at the end of the season.
- Attend all games (both home and away) continuing through the conclusion of any post-season tournament(s) in which the team participates.
- As necessary, set up facilities in preparation for practices, games, and events; ensure facilities are clean after practices, games, and events.
- Conduct pre-season conditioning and practices, if applicable.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ, a commitment to the mission of Chattanooga Christian School, and agreement with the CCS Statement of Faith.
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience at the High School level.
- A heart to positively influence young athletes.
- Prior administrative experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and utmost professionalism in confidential & sensitive student/family matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- If required to drive a school vehicle, must have a valid driver's license and meet CCS's MVR guidelines.