The Offensive Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Offensive Coordinator and Head Coach with all aspects of the intercollegiate football program. In addition to coaching duties, responsibilities include extensive recruiting, office administration, planning, scouting, counseling of student-athletes, alumni and development functions. Ability to motivate and counsel recruiting and team members.
- Coach and teach sport specific skills and strategies to current student-athletes at practice and competition. Educate team members on proper training techniques, exercises and any sport- specific needs. Prepare and execute practice and competition plans. Provide instruction and advice before, during and after competition in both group and individual settings.
- Recruiting - Consistently recruit national caliber athletes for enrollment at the University through mail, phone and in-person contact. Identify and properly vet prospects of strong character, academic ability and athletic skill. Evaluate recruits at competition. Organize and coordinate official and unofficial visits. Communicate with athletic liaison to admissions and financial aid regarding top prospect academic viability.
- Administrative Duties - Effectively work with staff members in the areas of compliance, student development, external operations, facilities/operations, equipment operations, internal operations and athletic development. Comply with all NCAA, Ivy League and Penn rules and policies. Organize team and coach travel, compliance paperwork, and other administrative responsibilities.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required and 2 years to 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Candidate should possess the ability to counsel and advise players and be able to motivate recruits and player to support the program.