The Director of Olympic Sports Performance reports to the Assistant Athletic Director of Olympic Sports Performance and assists in all aspects of sports performance for student-athletes and the Olympic Sports Performance Department.
- Develops policies and procedures for the Olympic Sports Performance Department in conjunction with the Athletic Director for Olympic Sports Performance.
- Assists in overseeing five (5) Assistant Director of Olympic Sports Performance positions, providing real-time feedback on coaching, as needed, and participating in mid-year and year-end evaluations.
- Supervises and coordinates strength and conditioning programs for men's and women's sports as required.
- Assists in all program decision making including sport assignments, reviewing strength and conditioning programs, budgeting, hiring and professional development.
- Organizes and runs weekly Olympic Sports Performance Department meeting.
- Performs strength testing and evaluation of student-athletes.
- Designs strength and conditioning programs which elicit safe and correct execution of exercise technique.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a sports performance coach.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the NSCA before employment starting date and maintained throughout appointment.
- Maintenance of CPR, AED and First Aid training required.