The high school online physical education/health teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good community relations among community and school clientele.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to secondary learners.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the scope and sequence of a physical education and/or health education curriculum.
3. Ability to align curriculum and assessments with state physical education and/or health content standards.
4. Strong classroom management, communicatipn, organization and planning skills.
5. Positively impacts achievement and diffentiate instruction based on the needs of the students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement.
6. Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
7. Willing to support and actively participate in a professional learning community.
8. Participate collaboratively in teaching teams to design curriculum and assessments and and pursue best teaching practice.
9.Utilize Powerschool at the high school level for online attendance, online grade book, online posting of assignments, and parental access to attendance and grades.
10. Willingness to coach and/or sponsor extracurricular activies as needed.
1. Hold a valid Colorado teaching license with a physical education endorsement.
2. Hold or willing to obtain WSI, CPR, LGI and AED.
3. Proficiency in using technology.